BDO is an international network of public accounting firms, which perform professional services under the name of BDO. BDO provides global audit, tax, advisory and BSO services across 158 countries, with 67.000 professionals. The total income of the BDO network was $7.6 billion in 2016.
Payroll is an important part of Business Services & Outsourcing, which in turn is an integral part in BDO’s network strategy. The Multi-Country Payroll Manager’s principle role will be to bring the Multi-Country Payroll services at the next (strategic and operational) level, driving development and operational issues across markets.
- Create an overview of the competencies, capabilities, knowledge and existing systems that are available in the network;
- Map the specialities triggered by legal requirements country by country;
- Assist in formulating the multi-country payroll strategy Identify the opportunities in different markets and the marketable products/services in the various countries;
- Develop consistency in service and delivery across the countries with the objective of being more aligned and competitive;
- Facilitate best practice coordination between firms;
- Support international bids together with the international bid teams and business development resources;
- Support the delivery of global payroll services in cooperation with leading countries;
- Assist in the creation of a common multi country payroll system and tools.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE:
This is a specialist role where deep payroll expertise is essential. Key characteristics:
- Minimum 5 years of multi-country payroll experience, preferably across global regions;
- Prior working experience with global MCP payroll vendors would be an advantage;
- Deep understanding of technical advancements in the sector (system connectivity, employee self-service etc.);
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral communication;
- An ambitious person, but also a personality that interacts well with different cultures;
- Experience in working in a virtual and international team is an asset;
- Qualified project manager with relevant certifications;
- A high level of both written and spoken English;
- Ability to do extensive travel;
- Bachelor degree.
Location of position is flexible. Candidate can be located in a major market and working out of a local BDO firm with an existing BSO and payroll practice.
Please send your CV and letter of motivation in English to:
Philip Van der Auwera, Talent Management Specialist & HR Manager, Global HR & Development,
detailing your availability and salary expectations, as well as references.